Why have an epoxy garage flooring? Average garage floorings are simply plain grey concrete. With time, stains from oil, oils, and chemicals cause plain grey concrete to become an awful eye sore. Having an epoxy garage floor covering will give you years of service, sturdiness and will certainly resist most discolorations; in addition to provide you with a perfectly, completed surface area to protect the value of your house. Visit here epoxy garage floor Phoenix for more info.
The Most Common Epoxy Floor Coating Systems
There are three usual systems offered that will certainly enhance your garage floor:
1. Epoxy & Polyurethane Solid Color System
2. Epoxy Chipstone (partial vinyl chip program) with Polyurethane Top Layer System
3. Epoxy Granitex (100% vinyl chip broadcast) with Polyurethane Top Layer System
Bear in mind that with these 3 epoxy systems, you have ‘great’, ‘much better’ and ‘finest’ sorts of epoxy garage floor systems.
The Good System
The epoxy polyurethane solid color system will certainly last around 5-7 years, maintenance free, however will certainly call for a maintenance layer of pigmented polyurethane. This garage floor covering is normally a two-coat, slim film system; varying in thickness from 4-20 mils. It is applied by roller or airless sprayer.
The Better System
The epoxy Chipstone system will certainly last around 7-12 years, maintenance free before needing an upkeep coat of clear polyurethane. This epoxy garage flooring system generally contains one pigmented primer layer of epoxy; a pigmented shade layer with a partial/light broadcast of plastic chips right into the damp epoxy; and a single coat of clear polyurethane for protection. The thickness is around 20-30 mils.
The most effective System
The epoxy Granitex system could last as long as 12-15+ years, maintenance free prior to needing a maintenance coat of polyurethane. This epoxy floor finishing is generally one pigmented primer coat; a pigmented shade coat with a 100%/ complete program of vinyl chips; and 2 layers of clear polyurethane.
Correct surface preparation is essential to the long term success of the installation. All surface areas to be covered need to be cleaned of pollutants which could disrupt bonding. Concrete should be acid-etched, shot-blasted or diamond-ground to accomplish a profile much like 120 grit sandpaper. After prep work, the concrete surface should be examined for openings and fractures. If holes or cracks prevail, then patchwork needs to be executed. As soon as preparation is full, installation is ready to begin.
Installation of Granitex Epoxy Garage Flooring System:
1. Surface preparation, jumble and roll one layer of pigmented epoxy primer.
2. After epoxy primer is completely dry, inspect, preparation and roll one coat of pigmented epoxy over keyed location. Work in 10×10 or 12×12 areas at once. While epoxy is wet, broadcast vinyl chips into damp epoxy. Make sure the area obtains 100% insurance coverage. When all sections are entirely covered, allow completely dry extensively.
3. Once all sections are dry, scrape, move and vacuum all excess Granitex vinyl chips from the surface area. Use a slim coat of polyurethane to secure and lay vinyl chips down.
4. When the polyurethane is completely dry, apply a second layer for a last top coat. As a choice, non-skid material sand can be added to raise the slip resistance.
All epoxy garage flooring coatings can be conveniently cleaned with light, fluid cleaning agents; after that wiping, hosing and even “swiffering”. Oil, oils, and a lot of chemicals will not tarnish or absorb right into the epoxy covered floor.